- DaimlerChrysler named Bodo Uebber as its new finance chief, replacing Manfred Gentz, who is retiring. Uebber, who will retain his current post as head of DaimlerChrysler Services, had been promoted to the executive board last year as the designated successor to Gentz. The move is part of a plan that also includes extending the contract CEO Jergen Schrempp through 2008 and appointing a new head of its Mercedes unit, Reuters reported.
- T. Rowe Price Group has hired Kenneth Moreland, one of its former outside auditors, to be its CFO, ending a search that began in November, when Cristina Wasiak resigned the post. Moreland, currently finance chief of RTKL Associates, a Baltimore-based architectural company, will take over as finance chief of the mutual fund company next month.
Before joining RTKL in 1996, Moreland spent five years as a partner with the accounting firm Coopers & Lybrand, which audited about 60 percent of T. Rowe Price’s mutual funds during that period. George Roche, T. Rowe Price’s chairman and president, was CFO before being named president and temporarily resumed that role after Wasiak resigned. The company gave no explanation for Wasiak’s resignation in November, saying in an SEC filing that she had been “reassigned.”
- As part of a reshuffling of OshKosh B’Gosh’s senior management team, Michael Heider has been tapped as CFO, vice-president finance, and treasurer of the apparel retailer. David Omachinski, the former finance chief and executive vice president, has been promoted to president and chief operating officer.
- Guy Bernstein plans to step down as CFO and vice president of finance of Magic Software Enterprises, an Irvine, Calif.-based provider of business integration and development technology. The company said that Bernstein will pursue other career opportunities.
- Peter Culpepper has been picked as finance chief of Provectus Pharmaceuticals, replacing Dan Hamilton. Hamillton is leaving to pursue “other professional interests,” according to the Knoxville, Tenn.-based company. Culpepper previously served as chief accounting officer and corporate controller for Neptec.
- Ann Crossman has been promoted to CFO of Emergisoft Corporation. Crossman joined the Dallas-based company in 2000 and has served as Emergisoft’s director of finance, secretary, and treasurer since 2002.
Daniel Fairfax will become the new CFO and senior vice president of finance of GRIC Communications, a Milpitas, Calif. broadband provider, on Feb. 23. Fairfax served from 2000 to 2003 as CFO of Ironside Technologies, a privately held software provider. He oversaw the acquisition of Ironside by SSA Global Technologies in June 2003.
- Michael High has been named CFO of Harleysville National Corp., a Pennsylvania-based bank holding company. He will fill the slot vacated by Gregg Wagner, who was promoted to chief operating officer. Wagner hired High, the former CFO and chief operating officer at Progress Financial Corp. Progress Financial was acquired by FleetBoston Financial Corp. earlier this month.
- R. Louis Schneeberger has been named vice president of finance of OM Group. In October 2003, Thomas Miklich, the current CFO, announced plans to leave the company. He will remain in his position to oversee the completion of financial reporting requirements for 2003. Schneeberger, will become CFO when Miklich leaves.