- California Pizza Kitchen Inc. named Susan M. Collyns chief financial officer. She joined the company in 2001 as its controller and was named chief accounting officer in January 2004.
- City National Corp. announced that chief financial officer Frank Pekny will relinquish his day-to-day responsibilities, effective immediately. He has been battling cancer since early this year.
However, Pekny plans to continue as vice chairman of City National Bank and executive vice president of City National Corp., providing counsel on corporate, strategic, and financial matters. Controller Stephen McAvoy will serve as acting chief financial officer while the company searches for a permanent successor.
- Taylor Capital Group, the bank holding company for Cole Taylor Bank, announced that chief financial officer J. Christopher Alstrin has resigned to pursue other professional interests. Bruce W. Taylor, president of Taylor Capital Group and chief executive officer of Cole Taylor Bank, has been appointed acting CFO.
- Ptek Holdings Inc. named Michael Havener as interim chief financial officer, replacing Will Franklin. Since 1997 Havener has served in various financial capacities at Ptek, a provider of business communication services, and currently holds the position of chief financial officer of Premiere Conferencing, one of its business units.
Franklin left to join Copart Inc., an auto salvage services company, as senior vice president and chief financial officer. He served as CFO of Ptek from October 2001 to March 2004.
- AMN Healthcare Services Inc. announced that Donald Myll has resigned as chief financial officer and treasurer to refocus his career on emerging companies, his core interest. Myll, who was named to both positions in May 2001, prior to the company’s initial public offering, plans to continue in those roles while the company searches for his successor.
- ACT Teleconferencing Inc. announced that CFO Gavin Thomson has resigned for personal and family reasons.