- Computer Associates International, which has let most of its senior managers go in the past few months, named Jeff Clarke executive vice president and CFO.
The software giant, currently being investigated for its accounting practices, said Clarke will replace Douglas Robinson. The latter has served temporarily for the past six months after the company forced former finance chief Ira Zar, to quit last October.
Clarke has nearly 20 years of experience in the technology industry. He served as CFO and senior vice president, finance and administration, of Compaq Computer from 2001 until the completion of its merger with Hewlett-Packard in mid-2002. Until late last year, he served as HP’s executive vice president of global operations, responsible for the company’s supply chain, customer-to-cash, and logistics operations.
Robinson will continue at CA as senior vice president for finance and will report directly to Clarke.
- Anjan Chatterjee has been named acting CFO of auto-parts maker Visteon Corp. He replaces Daniel Coulson, who retired after 38 years with Visteon and its former parent, Ford Motor Co. Chatterjee joined Visteon in July 2003 as senior vice president, Strategy and Business Planning. He had previously been with McKinsey and Co.
- Kevin Smith will join R.R. Donnelley & Sons as vice president and CFO in early May. He will report directly to chief executive officer Mark Angelson and will have responsibility for the company’s worldwide finance, procurement, tax, and investor-relations activities.
Smith was the CFO for Heidrick & Struggles International, the headhunting firm, where he was credited with leading a major restructuring effort. Before that, Smith was CFO and executive vice president of True North Communications, an advertising and marketing-communications holding company.
- David Verret, senior vice president of finance, Orthodontic Centers of America, said added the CFO. He has been with the company since 1995 and has overseen financial reporting and accounting since January 2004. He replaces Thomas Sandeman, who has resigned to pursue other opportunities.
- Kenneth Ord, finance chief and executive vice president of Alliance Imaging, a provider of diagnostic-imaging services will retire on July 1. The company will begin an immediate search for a CFO.
- Frederick Coble, CFO and corporate secretary of Dollar Tree Stores, would move into an expanded version of the secretary slot later this year. The company is launching a nationwide search for a new finance chief and plans to complete the search before Coble moves into the new post.
- Charles Abdalian Jr. has been tapped as CFO and senior vice president of Finance for Coley Pharmaceutical Group. He will be responsible for overseeing financial administration and investor relations.