- Cingular Wireless LLC has traded employees with one of its parent companies, SBC Communications Inc. Cingular named Peter Ritcher chief financial officer, replacing Rick Lindner, who was named finance chief of SBC Communications last week. Ritcher, in turn, comes to Cingular from SBC, where he most recently served as vice president of corporate finance.
Cingular, the nation’s second-largest cell phone provider, is jointly owned by SBC and Atlanta-based BellSouth Corp.
- Two weeks after replacing its chief executive officer, US Airways Group Inc. announced that it will replace its finance chief as well. Dave Davis, who has been senior vice president of finance, is taking over for Neal Cohen. Cohen will receive a severance package that includes cash and stock options worth $2.5 million, according to the company’s proxy.
“Dave Davis has played an integral role in the company’s restructuring and will assume an even greater role in the company’s transformation plans,” said Bruce R. Lakefield, who replaced David Siegel as president and CEO on April 19. Siegel reportedly received a severance package valued at $4.5 million.
- Choice Hotels International Inc. promoted Joseph Squeri to executive vice president and chief financial officer. He previously served as senior vice president, development, and CFO.
- William Peters has been named vice president and chief financial officer of Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., a specialty pharmaceuticals company. He replaces Arthur Goldberg, who will retire June 5 after holding the position since 1991.
- Manitowoc Co., which makes cranes, food-service equipment, and ships, named treasurer Carl Laurino to the additional post of chief financial officer. He will succeed Timothy Wood once the company’s first-quarter financial statements are certified. Wood, who has been CFO since 2002, will become the company’s director of governance compliance.
- Ephinay, a provider of financial process outsourcing services, named Louis Collins chief financial officer and executive vice president. He was previously CFO at Universal Solutions International.
- Andrew R. Jordan was named senior vice president and chief financial officer of Odyssey Pharmaceuticals Inc. He was previously executive vice president, finance and administration and chief financial officer of Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc., which has launched a search for his replacement.