CFO Research Services: Equipping Finance Leaders for Success
Length: 16 pages
Format: PDF (412 kb)
Email this abstract
Sponsored by The Royal Bank of Scotland
Free CFO.com registration is required. Please click the "download report" button to register or log in.
ABOUT THIS REPORT
Finance executives at European firms express concern over their companies' ability to respond to the challenges of a post-recession world, especially ongoing weakness in sales, competition for both credit and capital, varied rates of recovery in different economies, and an uncertain path towards growth. These concerns translate into a heightened focus on cash management and funding operations. Collections are more difficult, and many respondents--especially from the larger companies in the survey--anticipate the need to negotiate better terms with buyers and suppliers. An opportunity may exist in Europe to increase usage of automated cash-management techniques and trade-financing solutions. Only a minority of respondents indicate that their companies currently use the specific cash-management or trade-financing techniques we asked about. However, most respondents indicate that they either plan to or will consider using many of these techniques.
- The Superstar CFO: After the Crisis
- Transforming the CFO role in financial institutions: Towards better alignment of risk, finance and performance management
- Senior Finance Executives on the Current Financial Turmoil
- No Stone Unturned — Strategies for Cash Management in Hard Times
- Controlling Cost in a Crisis: Sustaining Core Spending Through the Downturn