Sponsored By CSI
Free registration is required
Cloud regulation helps to ensure the security of your company and clients. But it can also make your cloud decisions much more complex.
As working with the Cloud becomes increasingly mainstream, legal issues become all the more prevalent. For example, what do you need to know about your cloud vendor's practices to protect your company? How do you get what you need in a cloud contract? What tax implications must be considered?
There are currently few legal precedents available to help shape cloud decisions, but using the appropriate resources to alert you of the latest relevant court proceedings and decisions can keep you informed about the legal landscape of the Cloud.
Government legislation and regulations should also impact your cloud decisions. Being aware of jurisdictional issues is extremely important, especially if your cloud network crosses international boundaries. As your company becomes even more dependent on the Cloud, be sure to be aware of any and all data security or sovereignty issues that might come your way.
Topics in this CFO eBook include:
- The legal aspect of data security;
- How to keep track of relevant court decisions;
- Operating across multiple legal and international jurisdictions;
- How to negotiate a cloud contract with your vendor.
- Sponsored by:
- Released: October 28, 2013
- Length: 20 pages
- Format: PDF (2933 kb)
- Email this abstract
- These white papers are not created by the CFO.com editorial staff. In order to view these papers, you must register with CFO.com and agree to share your contact information with related product/service companies.
Related White Papers in Professional Services
- Why Spreadsheets and Depreciation Don't Mix - What You Should Know About Appropriate Spreadsheet Usage
- Risk Management and Litigation Finance
- Legal Issues in the Cloud
- Driving High Performance: The Emergence of Integrated Business Services to Deliver Enterprise Value
- Print Services Strategy: Reduce Overhead & Save Time