How Senior Finance Leaders Can Mitigate Health Care Liabilities
Date: Thu, Oct 31, 2013
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour
Do you know how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, better known among the general public as Obamacare, will affect your company? The 2,700-page legal document comprises an extraordinary array of complex regulations that will have an impact not only on the costs but also the risks your company incurs when offering health insurance to employees.
Other regulations that require the attention of senior finance leaders include The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), which mandates the use of electronic health records, as well as the privacy regulations that are part of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If you consider these regulations in the context of employer-sponsored group health plans, the risks of data breaches involving sensitive medical information about your employees could translate to significant liabilities for your company.
During this Webcast, a distinguished panel of experts will discuss:
- How regulations are reshaping the health care sector;
- How this transformation is creating new financial exposures and enlarging longstanding exposures for businesses; and
- How to identify, assess and mitigate these risks.
The panelists for this Webcast include:
- Daniel Nash, National Healthcare Practice Leader, Zurich North America
- Robert Parisi, Managing Director and National Practice Leader for Technology, Network Risk and Telecommunications, Marsh
- Charles Santangelo, Chief Financial Officer, Susquehanna Health System
- Moderator: Russ Banham, Senior Writer, CFO magazine