Excel: Budgeting & Forecasting Trend Analysis
Date: Mon, Sep 30, 2013
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Function: CFO, Controller, Financial analyst, Business owner, Business unit manager, Other business professionals who use Excel on a daily basis
Learn to use Excel to identify what happened in the past so you can better prepare for the future. From this Webcast, you will learn how to use Excel as a trend analysis tool, as well as how to use the data from budgets and financial statements to work through the planning and forecasting process.
During the Webcast, taught by Bill "MrExcel" Jelen, you will watch demonstrations of several different Excel techniques and features that make trend analysis quick and easy. For example, you will learn how to:
- Format a year-over-year analysis using a pivot table;
- Remove seasonality from an analysis, perform a forecast, then re-apply seasonality;
- Create line charts that illustrate past actual results using an automatic trend line to forecast the future;
- Compare financial ratios, such as growth rate and burn rate; and
- Show forecast cash balances using a waterfall chart, even when the forecast balance is negative.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Bill Jelen, MrExcelBill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.