Excel: Building a CFO Dashboard Using Excel 2013
Date: Mon, Sep 23, 2013
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Function: CFO, Controller, Finance manager, Financial analyst, Business owners
This Webcast provides finance professionals with the tools and techniques for building an effective corporate performance dashboard using Microsoft Excel.
During the session, Microsoft MVP Bill "MrExcel" Jelen provides step-by-step instructions on how to build a dashboard by incorporating Excel features such as Sparklines, pivot tables, icon sets -- and Excel 2013's Power View dashboard add-in. Learn how to embed a LOOKUP table into a formula, and work with conditional formatting and to create a dashboard that delivers key data in an easily digestible format.
During this Webcast, you will learn how to:
- Use pivot tables with slicers;
- Create conditional formatting to mark KPIs in the traffic-light colors of red, yellow or green;
- Use dynamic labeling to indicate whether levels are good or poor;
- Show trending, as well as performance versus target comparisons;
- Group and bucket data; and
- Create an interactive interface using sliders, slicers and other tools to drill down into the metrics.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Bill Jelen, MrExcelBill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.