Excel: Fundamentals for the Finance Function
Date: Fri, Jun 28, 2013
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
This Webcast is a beginner-level review of key features and functions used by the majority of corporate managers and their staffs. Taught by Microsoft MVP and CFO contributor Bill "MrExcel" Jelen, the Webcast is particularly relevant as a refresher course for you and your team members, or as a basic-skills-level course for executives and staffers who don't regularly use Excel in their day-to-day jobs.
The Webcast focuses on using Excel immediately with maximum efficiency and includes essential tricks and tips for quickly learning -- or relearning -- the best way to use rows, columns, cells, subtotaling, sorting, and basic pivot tables. We have crafted the Webcast to help those new to Excel to avoid frustrating problems and streamline essential tasks -- and to serve as a handy reminder for more experienced users to guide them through time-saving tricks and tips that they may have long forgotten.
During this Webcast, you will learn how to:
- Set up a spreadsheet to allow easy use of data analysis tools and sorting;
- Enter formulas to total, average, and calculate loan payments, as well as how to discover new formula functions using the built-in search tools in Excel;
- Build formulas that link to other worksheets and/or that use a parameter cell;
- Create text formulas that, for example, join two columns, convert upper case to proper case, or separate the cost center code from the cost center name;
- Use the VLOOKUP function;
- Match data in two lists and identify duplicate payments;
- Store lists of cost centers using custom lists, as well as quickly recall lists using a few keystrokes;
- Use custom views in Excel to quickly switch from a quarterly to a monthly report;
- Quickly summarize large data sets using subtotals;
- Harness the power of pivot tables; and
- Quickly create a chart from your data.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Bill Jelen, MrExcelBill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.