The CFO Playbook on HR Technology: The CFO's Guide to Making the Right Buying Decision
Date: Mon, Mar 18, 2013
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour
Category: Either Human Capital or Technology
Function: CFO, Controller, Business Owner, CIO, Procurement Officer, HR Leader
About CFO Playbook
CFO Playbook is a series of educational Best Practice Webcasts, eBooks, and events providing you with practical knowledge and insights from your peers.
Please note that this Webcast is complimentary.
This Webcast focuses on the practical and strategic issues of concern when evaluating the purchase of human-resources technologies. Such systems and software can be quite expensive and thereby require sign-off from CFOs.
How can CFOs reach a level of comfort with this expanding, fast-changing, and vital branch of corporate technology that is needed to make the right buying decision or sign off on recommendations from your IT and HR departments? Largely, it's by getting clear answers to some fundamental questions, which this Webcast will address, including:
- How do I know when it's time to seek new HR technology?
- What business advantages might we gain that we don't already have?
- What will it cost? And how do the pricing models work?
- Is the ROI from such technologies measurable?
- What should be the key components of my buying strategy?
- Should I go for specific solutions or big, comprehensive systems?
- How many bells and whistles are enough, and can I get something less expensive that will serve most of our needs?
- What potential slip-ups should I watch out for in coming to the buying decision?
- If I buy a cloud-based solution, will sensitive HR data be secure?
- What other issues should I explore with my CIO and HR leader?
The panelists for this Webcast are:
- Richard Johnson, Associate Professor, School of Business, University at Albany, State University of New York
- Lisa Rowan, Research Vice President, HR and Talent Management Services, International Data Corporation (IDC)
About the Moderator
David McCann is a Deputy Editor of CFO and directs its coverage of human capital management, finance careers, and employee benefits. Since joining CFO in 2007, he has been Web News Editor, Careers Editor, and Technology Editor, and has also written extensively on accounting, regulation and compliance, investor relations, and other finance topics.
From 1995 to 2006 David was Editor-in-Chief of MeetingNews, a business-to-business publication aimed at corporate and association meeting planners, and from 1987 to 1995 he was Executive Managing Editor of Business Travel News, a business-to-business publication for corporate travel managers.