AP Compliance Reporting: State Sales and Use Tax
Date: Fri, Oct 26, 2012
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour
Category: Accounts Payable Compliance Reporting
Function: CFO, Controller, AP manager, Tax manager, Compliance director, Business owner
With states under pressure to reverse falling revenues, government auditors are now focused on whether companies are properly accruing and paying corporate sales and use taxes. What's more, states are working with each other to combine corporate sales and use tax audits with audits related to income tax, worker classification and unclaimed property. As a result, it is getting tougher for companies to avoid the state revenue authority if their accounts payable and tax managers are not handling sales and use tax correctly.
Join sales tax expert Jim Frazier for advice on best practices and a discussion on how to avoid overpayment and unnecessary taxes, an minimize the risk of facing a sales tax audit.
During this Webcast, you will learn:
- How to implement best practice policies and procedures;
- What to do when your in-state vendor fails to charge you sales tax;
- What to do when an out-of-state vendor charges you tax;
- What other items accounts payable should watch for;
- How to use exemption certificates;
- How to do your sales and use tax research; and
- What to expect in sales and use tax audits.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
- After graduating from DePaul University with a degree in accounting and a CPA, sales tax expert Jim Frazier worked in accounting and financial management positions for a wide variety of industries including retail, manufacturing and health care. He has spent the last 15 years focused on sales and use tax issues. A popular instructor with both technical and non-technical audiences, Jim's tutorials on tax and accounting has led him launch and author one of the only blogs on sales tax, which can be found here.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.