Accounts Payable: Procure-to-Pay Cycle
Date: Wed, Sep 12, 2012
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour
Category: Accounts Payable
Function: CFO, COntroler, Accounts payable manager and staff, tax manager
Is your business keeping up with technology? Complying with growing regulatory demands? Protecting itself from increasingly sophisticated crooks? Accounts payable is a critical part of every business but is often overlooked and not updated. Companies must take proactive steps to improve internal controls and minimize losses that directly affect profitability often resulting from weakened controls, duplicate payments, and fraud.
During this Webcast, Mary Schaeffer, a leading author on accounts payable and CFO's own editor-at-large for its CFO Learning Pro Accounts Payable newsletter, will discuss best practices in accounts payable that will help streamline and increase the effectiveness of this critical process. She will dissect the invoice-to-payment process and share best-practice knowledge.
After this Webcast you will be able to:
- Understand why best practices in accounts payable really do matter;
- Eliminate those bad practices that weaken controls in your invoice-to-pay process;
- Select almost-best practices when your organization can't use or refuses to use best practices;
- Re-engineer your existing practices to incorporate current practices that minimize risk in your invoice-to-pay process; and
- Identify old practices that no longer work and should be eliminated.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
- Mary Schaeffer is a leading author on accounts payable best practices and an expert on the changing responsibilities of accounts payable operations. She is editorial director of AP Now, a leading source of accounts payable information for the business and finance community, and author of Travel & Entertainment Best Practices (John Wiley & Sons). Before turning to writing and consulting full time, she worked in the finance and treasury departments of several large companies, including The Equitable Life Assurance Society and Olympia & York.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.