ACH Fraud Protection
Date: Thu, Aug 23, 2012
Time: 02:00 P.M. ET
Duration: 1 hour
Getting money out of your organization's bank account is now easier than ever. Just ask the growing number of fraudsters snatching cash from unsuspecting organizations across the country. Unfortunately, every company is at risk and businesses do not have the same fraud protections as individuals. If you don't report the thefts within 24 hours, you will probably end up eating the losses, which can be substantial. Those who think they're protected because they don't make electronic payments or because they use positive pay are flat out wrong. What's worse, it's not just the big guys who are getting hit. The crooks are also targeting smaller mid-sized companies, municipalities, schools and not-for-profits.
Everyone is at risk. You can protect your company if you take the right steps. Mary Schaeffer, a leading author on accounts payable best practices, explains how ACH fraud occurs and how you can implement safeguards to help protect against it.
At the session's conclusion you will be able to:
- Identify the types of ACH payments;
- Differentiate between the five types of ACH payment fraud, including the two fastest growing types;
- Navigate around the limited legal protection from your bank;
- Instruct your bank to use certain products to protect your company;
- Implement best payment process practices that affect ACH payments to protect your organization.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
- Mary Schaeffer is a leading author on accounts payable best practices and an expert on the changing responsibilities of accounts payable operations. She is editorial director of AP Now, a leading source of accounts payable information for the business and finance community, and author of Travel & Entertainment Best Practices (John Wiley & Sons). Before turning to writing and consulting full time, she worked in the finance and treasury departments of several large companies, including The Equitable Life Assurance Society and Olympia & York.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.