Excel: Charts for Annual Reports and Presentations
Brought to you by CFO Learning
|Duration:||1 hour 10 minutes|
Tell the story behind your financial data with clear, concise, and to-the-point graphics. Learn how to use Excel to create the types of graphs, tables and charts that will give shareholders, analysts, board members and other executives -- especially those outside the finance function -- a better understanding of your company's financial performance.
During this intermediate-level Webcast, Microsoft MVP Bill "MrExcel" Jelen walks you through the process of creating a wide variety of attention-grabbing visuals that you can use in your annual reports and other presentations to represent even the most complex data sets.
Bill will demonstrate the unprecedented visual features of Excel 2010 and Excel 2013, including step-by-step instructions on how to create each type of chart. You will learn about spreadsheets that house built-in charts, lesser-known charts, and charts that seem like they would be impossible to build with Excel.
From this Webcast, you will learn how to:
- Quickly create and customize charts using a variety of formatting tricks to produce eye-catching effects;
- Determine when it is advantageous to use the lesser-known charts, such as radar, bar-of-pie, and stock charts;
- Go beyond charts with geographic mapping, business diagrams and Sparklines;
- Create waterfall charts to track cash flow;
- Using chart improvements in Excel 2013 to quickly create nicely formatted graphics;
- Use conditional formatting in charts; and
- Create charts that use a combination of clustered and stacked columns in the same graphic.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Bill Jelen, MrExcel
Bill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.