Career Development: Explaining Finance to Non-finance Managers
Brought to you by CFO Learning
|Duration:||1 hour 15 minutes|
Category: Financial Reporting & Presentation
Function: CFOs, Controllers, Treasurers, Auditors, Audit committee members, Accountants
Take the lead in raising the level of financial conversation in your company, and reduce the miscommunication that results in untold costs related to productivity, morale, corporate governance and good business decisions. This Webcast is designed to improve communication among finance professionals and their boards, business partners, team members, clients, vendors, and the public. You'll learn powerful techniques to sharpen the way you communicate finance concepts and results, and you'll learn how to avoid common traps that disrupt a smooth functioning organization.
This Webcast identifies the root causes of the communication breakdown -- including ambiguity, disputed definitions, switched points of views, and false attributions -- and explains how to boost clarity and reduce confusion.
During this Webcast, you will learn how to:
- Effectively communicate the link between business objectives and financial performance, such as how return-on-equity, cash flow, and cost management affect high-level corporate goals;
- Create greater cohesion between teams, including finance and operations;
- Lead shorter, more effective meetings that result in clear and focused outcomes;
- Sharpen communication with investors, analysts, and clients;
- Uncover opportunities for improvement by making sure all parties are "on the same page"; and
- Create an environment that fosters more articulate and engaged employees who are confident to ask questions.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Peter Frampton is the president of Accounting Comes Alive International, a global education company that builds financial literacy and business acumen among professionals. Peter qualified as a chartered accountant while working at KPMG's national office. He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, and an award-winning public speaker and facilitator. He currently serves on the adjunct faculty of American University in Washington, DC, and has taught at the Wharton School of Business and Georgetown University. He has authored two books based on his pioneering "Color Accounting" concept, a visual way of making accounting and financial information easy to understand for non-finance professionals.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.