Excel: Business Intelligence and Big Data Techniques for the Finance Function
Brought to you by CFO Learning
|Duration:||1 hour 10 minutes|
Function: CFO, Controller, Finance manager, Financial analyst, Business division manager, Business owner
Big data analyses -- and the business intelligence that is gleaned from crunching huge data sets -- is no longer beyond the reach of Excel. Learn how Excel 2010 and PowerPivot can be used to bust through Excel's million-row limit and help you analyze 300 million records or more. Plan, forecast, budget, run scenarios, sort and calculate with ease and accuracy using the techniques taught during this hour-long course.
During this Webcast, you will learn how to:
- Compare budgeted versus actual numbers at any level of the business using a single pivot table -- without relying on VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, or SUMIF;
- Correct data sets to accommodate seasonal trends;
- Explode a pivot table into individual formula cells that can be easily placed into key cells in your final report;
- Run Same Store Sales comparisons, with the standard calendar, fiscal year, 4-4-5 calendar, or retail calendar; and
- Create so-called portable formulas, which require you to write the formula once, then have those formulas automatically adjust as you rearrange your spreadsheet to create new reports.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenters
Bill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
Rob Collie is chief technology officer at Pivotstream LLC, where he and the engineering team provide Excel data pros with a platform to transform their careers. He previously spent 13 years at Microsoft, leading software engineers on projects including PowerPivot v1, multiple versions of Excel.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.