Excel: Learn, Design, Troubleshoot VLOOKUP
Brought to you by CFO Learning
|Duration:||1 hour 20 minutes|
Microsoft ranks Excel's VLOOKUP function as the number-one topic users search for more information about -- and there's little wonder why. VLOOKUP is one of Excel's most useful and powerful tools for helping finance professionals do their job faster, and better, by allowing them to join two lists based on a common field.
During this Webcast geared to intermediate and advanced users, Bill "MrExcel" Jelen provides a plain-English explanation of VLOOKUP. He then moves into step-by-step lessons that range from how to enter your first VLOOKUP to practical examples of how finance professionals can use the function more creatively and reliably.
During this Webcast, Bill will cover:
- How to use the VLOOKUP function in plain English;
- Faster ways to enter the function, even when the lookup table is on another worksheet;
- How to troubleshoot VLOOKUP when #N/A errors appear -- and why the frequency of these errors matters;
- Using VLOOKUP to solve common problems, such as comparing two lists; intermediate problems, such as finding a tax rate on a sliding scale; and advanced problems, such as finding the last value entered in a column or row;
- Advanced topics, such as VLOOKUP Left, Two-Way Lookup, and Two-Key Lookup;
- Other lookup functions, such as HLOOKUP, CHOOSE, OFFSET, INDIRECT, and LOOKUP; and
- Alternatives to VLOOKUP, such as Easy-XL or PowerPivot.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Bill Jelen, MrExcelBill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.