Budgeting and Forecasting: Moving Beyond Budgeting to Dynamic Performance Management
Brought to you by CFO Learning
Category: Budgeting & Forecasting
Function: CFO, Controller, Finance manager, Financial analyst, Business owner
Take advantage of the huge opportunity to improve the way your finance organization plans and forecasts by moving beyond budgeting. Learn to move away from traditional budgeting practices that inherently waste resources, limit performance, encourage unethical behavior, and create a false sense of control from its inaccurate reflection of the company's true financial condition. While many companies try to do "better budgeting," breakthrough results come from moving completely beyond budgets.
Join planning and performance measurement expert Steve Player as he explains the core principles of his Beyond Budgeting approach, and features case examples of "best-in-class" corporations using the Beyond Budgeting Round Table (BBRT) framework to succeed. You will see how organizations like American Express, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Park Nicollet Health Services, Unilever, and Guardian Industries are thriving as they apply the Beyond Budgeting principles.
During this Webcast, you will learn:
- Seven problems with the traditional budgeting process, including why they take too long, cost too much, are out-of-date often before they are printed, and why they plague finance staffs;
- 12 BBRT principles, ranging from targets and incentives to accountability and fast, open information systems, and how to use them effectively;
- Two pathways (revolutionary and evolutionary) to approach change, and how to start moving forward using proven techniques; and
- The Keys to Success for improving the corporate finance function -- regardless of industry or company size.
This Webcast no longer offers the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
Steve Player is the founder of The Player Group, a firm focused on improving its clients' cost and productivity management. The Player Group manages leading-edge best-practices research into advanced activity-based management (ABM) implementations and beyond-budgeting applications.
Steve serves as the founder and program director for the ABM Advanced Implementation Group and as Program Director for the Beyond Budgeting Round Table in North America. He is a prolific author of books and articles, and a former partner with Arthur Andersen LLP. He has worked with many organizations -- including members of the Fortune 500 and Inc.'s fastest growing companies -- and with businesses operating in a variety of industries.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.