Excel: Essential Formulas for the Finance Function
Brought to you by CFO Learning
Reducing the amount of time you spend crunching numbers, while improving the reports and analysis you generate, is the focus of this intermediate-level Webcast, which features step-by-step tutorials of 12 indispensable formulas for corporate finance professionals.
Bill "MrExcel" Jelen demonstrates some of his favorite time-saving formulas and provides the corporate context in which they can be used. Each formula has a bevy of applications, but Bill's practical instruction singles out some common uses, including revealing how to:
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
- Use an obscure version of VLOOKUP to track and update bonuses and commissions when sales data and other performance metrics are updated;
- Allow SmartArt to accept dynamic formulas so diagrams pull in numbers from your spreadsheets;
- Pull the last value of each column from a maintenance log that measures tasks performed on disparate days;
- Create links between a product worksheet and one that itemizes its SKU codes, without having to remember annoying syntax;
- Prevent users from deleting certain cells of your worksheet (there are three ways to do it);
- Eliminate "outliers" from a range that are sure to skew report formulas;
- Test schedules that use days of the week to make sure payroll, deadlines, events and meetings don't fall on weekends or holidays; and
- Sort with a formula, generate ad-hoc totals, spear (3D) sums, embed tables, and always point to specific cells.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
About CFO Learning
Bill Jelen, MrExcel
Bill Jelen, the world's foremost spreadsheet wizard, is known internationally as "MrExcel." His Web site, MrExcel.com, is the premier source for Excel tips and solutions.
CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance
executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business
environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters
are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.