AP Best Practices for Small and Growing Companies
Brought to you by CFO Learning
Category: Accounts Payable Best Practices
Function: CFO, Controller, Accounts payable manager and staff, Auditor, Business owner
Small and growing businesses face greater (and more expensive) challenges in their payment processes than their larger counterparts. For example, they are more apt to be hit by fraud (both internal and external), more likely to make duplicate payments (which are rarely returned), and have a greater tendency to unintentionally run into IRS trouble.
In more than a few cases the occurrence of one of these problems could mean the difference between staying in business and not. But this does not have to be the case. Join nationally recognized accounts payable expert Mary S. Schaeffer and learn how to handle your AP function correctly so you can effectively meet these risks and create a financially healthier company.
During this Webcast Mary will discuss and provide advice on how to:
- Pay invoices efficiently (and only once);
- Implement standardization to reduce errors;
- Check for duplicate payments;
- Effectively gather the information needed for 1099 reporting;
- Identify petty scams that target small and growing businesses; and
- Deal with frauds that target small and growing businesses.
- Your organization generates fewer than $50 million in annual sales;
- Your organization has three or fewer employees in accounts payable; and/or
- Your accounts payable process is largely paper-based (although you may receive invoices by e-mail).
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
- Mary Schaeffer is a leading author on accounts payable best practices and an expert on the changing responsibilities of accounts payable operations. She is editorial director of AP Now, a leading source of accounts payable information for the business and finance community, and author of Travel & Entertainment Best Practices (John Wiley & Sons). Before turning to writing and consulting full time, she worked in the finance and treasury departments of several large companies, including The Equitable Life Assurance Society and Olympia & York.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.