AP Best Practices: Fight T&E Fraud While Complying with IRS Requirements
Brought to you by CFO Learning
Category: Accounts payable
Function: CFO, Controller, Accounts payable manager and staff, internal auditor, Business owner, Business unit manager
Protect your company from T&E fraud, and mitigate IRS compliance risk at the same time. Join accounts payable expert Mary Schaeffer as she reviews practical and easy-to-implement procedures that are sure to reduce the opportunities for fraud within your travel and expense reporting process. Rid your department of poor internal controls that lead to scams and steer clear of Internal Revenue Service violations that result from non-compliant documentation.
This Webcast will include a review of the latest IRS travel and expense reporting and documentation rules.
During this Webcast, you will learn about:
- The guidelines you need to follow to be able to deduct your company's T&E expenses on the tax return;
- Your reporting responsibilities if you reimburse above the IRS guidelines;
- How to deal with new T&E challenges in light of technological developments that have made some old best practices obsolete;
- Best practices to establish effective T&E policy and procedures; and
- T&E fraud prevention and detection -- and why T&E fraud continues to be a real problem; and
- The results from a Travel & Expense Reimbursement Practices survey showing how companies are dealing with the problematic "receipt issue."
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
- Mary Schaeffer is a leading author on accounts payable best practices and an expert on the changing responsibilities of accounts payable operations. She is editorial director of AP Now, a leading source of accounts payable information for the business and finance community, and author of Travel & Entertainment Best Practices (John Wiley & Sons). Before turning to writing and consulting full time, she worked in the finance and treasury departments of several large companies, including The Equitable Life Assurance Society and Olympia & York.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.