Managing the Accounts Payable Function, Part Two
Brought to you by CFO Learning
Category: Accounts Payable
Function: CFO, Controller, Accounts payable manager, Accounting managers, Business owner
If your company is simply paying invoices you are not maximizing the potential of your accounts payable system. In fact, you may be making costly errors. Mary Schaeffer, a nationally-recognized accounts payable expert and CFO's very own editor-at-large for its CFO Pro: AP Edition newsletter, will train you to take a critical look at your accounts payable department and processes and move toward implementing best practices that reign in waste while improving performance. Crucial areas covered in this training include vendor setup and handling, regulatory issues, and flagging and mitigating opportunities for fraud. Mary will also review worst practices that should be avoided at all costs.
At the conclusion of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the issues affecting accounts payable and ensure your organization is employing best practices to reduce inefficiencies and boost productivity;
- Effectively use the data housed in accounts payable for a variety of business purposes;
- Tighten controls in areas related to advanced issues, such as fraud prevention and regulatory compliance;
- Establish a formal vendor relations program and vendor setup protocols; and
- Employ proven cash management techniques to strengthen your company's bottom line.
This Webcast does not currently offer the opportunity to earn continuing professional education (CPE) credit. We invite you to stay tuned to CFO.com for future Webcasts that will offer attendees opportunities to earn CPE credit.
For inquiries or complaints concerning this Webcast, please call (888) 250-5719.
About the Presenter
- Mary Schaeffer is a leading author on accounts payable best practices and an expert on the changing responsibilities of accounts payable operations. She is editorial director of AP Now, a leading source of accounts payable information for the business and finance community, and author of Travel & Entertainment Best Practices (John Wiley & Sons). Before turning to writing and consulting full time, she worked in the finance and treasury departments of several large companies, including The Equitable Life Assurance Society and Olympia & York.
About CFO Learning
- CFO Learning provides targeted training and education for corporate finance executives and their teams to help these professionals stay ahead of today's evolving business environment. Our training is delivered online, in-person, and in self-study formats and our presenters are leading experts experienced in providing efficient instruction to professionals.