CFO Research Services: Equipping Finance Leaders for Success
Length: 19 pages
Format: PDF (509 kb)
Email this abstract
Sponsored by Cognos and IBM
Free CFO.com registration is required. Please click the "download report" button to register or log in.
ABOUT THIS REPORT
The recession caused midsize companies to intensify their focus on cash, profitability, processes, and risk. As economies start to recover, finance executives at many of these companies are now shifting attention from strict cost control to active performance management. Finance executives widely recognize the value of technology investment to support management in guiding their companies and business units forward, as it provides "the most reliable and best return on our investment dollars," according to one finance executive interviewed. However, midsize companies in particular must deal with a "technology gap" as they reexamine their information needs and capabilities, relying more than larger companies on manual processes and spreadsheets. Executives interviewed say that finance needs to work closely with management, end users, and IT alike to provide companywide education on the capabilities and use of new technology.
- Best Practices in Controlling and Tracking Financial Information Electronically
- Shaping the Finance Function of Tomorrow
- Intelligent Finance Organizations: Mobility as Finance's New Imperative
- Intelligent Finance Organizations: Research Summary
- Intelligent Finance Organizations: Cloud Computing for Finance