CFO Research Services: Equipping Finance Leaders for Success
- Browse by topic
- Banking & Capital Markets
- Budgeting & Planning
- Business Intelligence
- Business Performance Management
- Business Software
- Compliance & Governance
- Employee Benefits & Human Capital
- Finance & Risk Management
- Financial Crisis
- Growth Companies
- Professional Services
Length: 22 pages
Format: PDF (811 kb)
Email this abstract
Sponsored By CFO Research Services
Free CFO.com registration is required. Please click the "download report" button to register or log in.
ABOUT THIS REPORT
How well equipped is finance to be an effective source of performance management expertise? More than two-thirds of the 170 finance executives surveyed by CFO Research Services expect their companies to increasingly look to finance to serve as performance management experts. Yet relatively few finance executives believe their companies have optimized their performance management systems and information capabilities. Many companies are still awash in Excel spreadsheets and grappling with a "patchwork" of finance and performance management systems. Finance executives at these companies report that their managers are noticeably less satisfied with the performance management data they have available to them, and that complexity in IT systems undermines the timeliness and utility of the data. As finance executives become performance management leaders, they are looking for systems solutions and resources that will allow them to manage the complexity inherent in their own organizations.
- Finance Views on the Tax Dimension of Strategic Decision Making
- Value Wars: Why are companies so interested in pricing? Perhaps because pricing strategy is getting so interesting.
- Intelligent Finance Organizations: Cloud Computing for Finance
- Intelligent Finance Organizations: What is Next?
- Intelligent Finance Organizations: The Goal Line Is Always Moving