cfo tagline

Humble Depot?

Home Depot's CFO says a "miserable" week of shareholder complaints convinced the company to promise to revert to its traditional annual meeting format. Critics say that's not enough.

Roy Harris, CFO.com | US
June 5, 2006

Forced to buy Stock in Home Depot

A very long agonizing story, many hours on the phone, many headaches and finally total frustration I was forced to take matters into my own hands. All this is due to lack of Customer concern, lack of customer satisfaction and poor quality of work. After trying to have a breach of contract/botched Home Depot remodel corrected by Home Depot through many phone calls to their Maui store, their Region Manager and corporate complaint department, I finally decided to buy shares of Home Depot and travel to their stock holders meeting this May to personally complain to fellow stock holders and management. I challenged the charges with the credit card company (a two year investigation - ongoing), went to the local comsumer complaint department at our television channel (who tried calling Home Depot Maui several times and got no response. They also had 4 other complaints they were trying to resolve with Home Depot and hadn't gotten any response)and tried to meet with the store manager on several occasions who successfully dodged our appointed meetings - having no success by any of these means (promised returned phone calls by store manager that never happened) I took the extreme measure of spending the money for the stock and plane/hotel cost to personally voice my dissatisfaction about the insensativity of this company. I also have filed a complaint with the Dept of Consumer Affairs/DA Office in Honolulu Hawaii. If anyone is interested in how popular Home Depot is with other customers - log on to www.abc4.tv ( click on Investigations) out of Los Angeles and check out the investigative reporting done on Home Depot. You probably won't be shocked....It seems to be the company matra...."Wear the Customer down and they will go away". With the new management, I hope someone will care. I am just one person, but their is power in numbers. Wish me luck. this article was right on Margie Chiechi Home Depot Stock Holder

Posted by Margie Chiechi | April 17, 2007 10:55 pm

Poor Customer Service with Home Depot at Home Services

Customers complain and Home Depot does not care. Home Depot has now installed three GAF roofs on my house in ten months and did over $1,000.00 in damages. My ceiling was cracked on 3-29-06 and still has not been repaired. My web site is http:www.freewebs.com/myroof Thank you Don Wenzel Oxford, Michigan

Posted by Don Wenzel | July 28, 2006 03:11 pm

No Same Store Sales?

In addition to the shareholder meeting, Home Depot has decided to become the only major retailer that will no longer report same store sales. These comps are vital to evaluating the health of retailers and are an industry standard. The company's explanation that they are moving into services (Hughes Supply) is outrageous. Ninety percent of the revenues are still derived from retail. We still need to know how that business is doing and sales per square foot or total retail sales changes are too easily manipulated. Is anyone else frustrated by this radical move away from industry standards or am I alone?

Posted by Dogbreath Hastings | June 09, 2006 09:16 am

Stockholders comment

As a stockholder, I found Nardelli's compensation package unearned, unwarranted and outrageous. I hope the Directors and Officers who awarded this figure to him have adequate D&O coverage. Pity the poor D&O insurer (AIG? Chubb? St. Paul Traverlers?, etc.) REC

Posted by Robert Callard | June 06, 2006 12:38 pm

SHAME! SHAME!SHAME!

AS A HOME DEPOT SHAREHOLDER AND ACTIVE SUPPORTER OF THE COMPANY, I AM ASHAMED OF OUR CORPORATE LEADERS FOR THEIR "CHILD-LIKE" BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE AT THE ANNUAL MEETING. LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND THEN TELL US WHY LOWE'S IS DOING SO MUCH BETTER!! THIS ISN'T WAL-MART BOYS, AND YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARD YOUR SHAREHOLDERS HAD BEST IMPROVE..RAPIDLY. YOU HAVE OVERALL GREAT EMPLOYEES WORKING IN THE STORES, AND BY AND LARGE LOYAL SHAREHOLDERS...UP TO NOW!! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY COMPANY ON THE EXCHANGE, AND LOSSES IN VALUE OF MY STOCK/YOUR STOCK WON'T BE TOLERATED FOR LONG, ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR ARROGANT ATTITUDE...GOD BLESS AMERICA ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY...HOPEFULLY THERE WON'T BE A SIMILAR "D-DAY" AT HOME DEPOT. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!

Posted by David Green | June 06, 2006 09:03 am

Disgusting!

As a stockholder and customer, I take offense at the arrogant display of "I don't care" demonstrated by Home Depot at its annual meeting. I think the entire board should be replaced and Mr. Nardelli's salary reduced to $500,000 total. This company is not his personal fiefdom and he needs to remember it isn't his money.

Posted by | June 06, 2006 08:40 am

Disgusting!

Posted by | June 06, 2006 08:39 am

CFO Publishing Corporation 2009. All rights reserved.